Sunday, July 17, 2011

They Call Me Nuts

 I'm what you might call unconventional. Possibly even strange. Some might even go as far as say I'm nuts. Lol. That's alright. I usually have a good comeback for them all. See, I tell them I'm a distant relative to Walter Goff and they usually ALL understand my situation. Now, why am I telling you this? Do you really care? Do I really care if you really care? You betcha.........Not really, but if you could have seen the look on your face, you would appreciate my careless attitude.
 One day I found myself standing in a field of green peanuts. I said to myself, "Self, what is it that makes a man? What makes some men famous? What makes other men infamous? Why are some men remembered for all of mankind and others forgotten soon after they meet their maker?" The answer was actually easy this time. What makes a man is not what he says nor how he earns his living. A man is remembered for what he did while he was alive. Johnny had his apple seeds. People remember him for that. Paul Revere made his ride. Again, we remember him for that. What do I have that I could share with others so that they may remember me? I'm not as large as a sumo wrestler so size isn't it. I'm not as athletic as a Michael Jordan or a Bo Jackson. I'm no Einstein so I'm not gonna be remembered for my intellect. Nope, when you think of me, you are gonna remember me because I always rode shotgun with the craziest cousin a skeleton could ever have. He isn't ashamed to take me to the park and swing me. He always encourages me to try new things like go on TV or visit a local aquarium. He is the biggest fan I have. No, when you remember me, you are gonna say "Look at that guy, he must be nuts" and I'm gonna laugh as hard as I can because I know you aren't actually talking about me but I just don't have the heart to tell Walter you are making fun of him....
By the way, I would appreciate it if you didn't tell him all the negative things I say about him. He is kinda sensitive sometimes. If you ask me, he should put on his big girl panties and learn to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment